Thursday, June 10

Oh what a day....

Despite yesterdays debacle of television, I decided to turn on my television again today. I was waiting patiently for Jeopardy! to begin, so I had to endure "Inside Edition." Logging on at the same time I learned of the unfortunate death of Ray Charles. He overcame the difficulties of blindness, battled back from a heroin addiction and became a music legend. In other entertainment news, poor Britney Spears has blown a knee and undergone surgery. Maybe she will have her breasts re-done while she's there. Isn't she on her third or fourth set of them now?


I was just about to go to bed last night when I realized that my car had to be moved before I was towed Thursday morning. There were fire trucks out front, someones shed had caught on fire, but nothing major and no-one was hurt. While looking for a place to park (never an easy thing so late on a street cleaning day)I was tuned in to the country music station, WNOE. I am a total country fan and I can listen to the most insipid of songs with a smile on my face. Occasionally there is a song that steps over that line and makes me cringe and hide my cowboy hat in the closet. Such is the case with the new Joe Diffie song "Tougher Than Nails". Of course we're talking about Jesus here, and it's just more than I can take...guess I'm not tougher than nails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home