Wednesday, October 6

Westward, HO!

Go West Young Man (cue: Village People.) At this writing my Mattie is already checking into his hotel in San Diego. He has gone for an interview as the assistant graphics editor at the local paper. I do really hope he likes it and gets the job and decides to take the position. No-one here wants him to move away, (well I'm sure there might be a few) but this is a great opportunity for him. It's amazing the number of friends that Matt has, how popular he is (considering that he is sometimes slightly insane) and how much he means to so many people here. His leaving would put some definite holes in the social fabric of gay NO, not to mention vacating his spot as my ally and deviant co-hort. How many alliances will fall, it's like a gay "Survivor." Yesterday was Matties 27th birthday. Maybe this is a good time for him to settle down. The bars there close at 2 am so maybe he can be on time to this job. On the other hand, there are so many young navy boys around, I can just see him hanging near the wharf at all hours with a lego backpack and a six pack of Michelob Ultra.

On to other things...Let me say that I haven't gone to the grocery store in a while so we are running low on food around the house. I have grabbed food on the go but yesterday I decided to make some red beans and rice. For those who would have me picking through bags of beans that were soaked overnight, you may not want to read on. Over the years I have faithfully used Zatarains products with success. I was even excited when they came out with their tuna and crab cake mix (the tuna is really good!) Perhaps something went wrong with the chef, but seriously, how damned hard can it be to put water, butter and pre-packaged food together. It's not that the food was bad, it was good...initially.

Alright, when I'm discussing bodily functions, it's time to close a post.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home