Saturday, January 28

Resolution

I didn't want to write about this until I was sure of it's resolution. Now that it's come I can tell you the story. I wrote the other day about going clothes shopping at Lakeside Mall. My last stop was to Hollister where I purchased two shirts. Last night was my night off and I intended to go out wearing one of the new shirts, look hot and have my way with anyone I chose. Okay so I was at least going to look good when I went out. Having fed the dogs I got dressed to go out, slipping into my new western style snap button shirt, a style of shirt I have worn long before BrokeBack Mountain came out I might add. On a side note, since brokeback came out I have seen more fags in cowboy hats and western shirts than I could shake a sheep at and it's starting to get on my nerves. Anyway, I started to snap the shirt and felt something odd at my side. It was the ink security tag that the employees had left on the shirt. Now I can't wear the shirt, I'm not going to look hot and I won't have my way with anyone I choose. Great. Oh yeah, and I don't have the receipt. Great.

I called the Hollister store and spoke to the manager who told me, "sometimes people take clothes and try to bring them back." I assured the manager that when he saw me in person that he would realize I hadn't stolen the shirt. Going back to Hollister meant braving the traffic to Metarie once again, a feat not easily accomplished and then trying to enter the mall on a Saturday, again, quite a feat. The interstate wasn't too awfully bad and I found a parking space within the quarter mile. I was prepared for a fight, sure the manager would accuse me of thievery. The manager, Kevin, was very nice and he was actually wearing the same shirt I had purchased. He didn't argue with me, the tag was removed and all was right, save my previous night off being ruined. Right before I wrote this I re-read my post from the other day and noticed I had written that the boy ringing me up was obviously using all his brain power. How prophetic.

After Metarie I wound my way uptown to hit some of the stores up there like Turncoats and Metro Three. I bought a shirt that says "RENEW ORLEANS" that I like as well as some new underwear from Ginch Gonch. I got this pair today but plan to buy more if I like the fit.

1 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're buying underwear they sell in the UnderGear catalog? How agin homosexual can you get?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home