Wednesday, March 30

Full Disclosure

Okay, so I mentioned this yesterday and I thought I would tell you the whole story.

Remember when you were a kid and television specials only came on once a year? Every spring CBS aired "The Wizard of Oz." I was especially fond of the Peanuts movies. There was one though, that made me cry. Every year they would air "Snoopy Come Home." In it Snoopy leaves Charlie Brown for the little red-headed girl. Every year I would beg my mother to watch it and every year I would cry when Snoopy leaves. Cry. Inconsolably. I remember the tired look on my mothers face as she switched off the set and would sigh, "Maybe next year." I guess this should have been an early warning of my sensitivities. The Christmas before I moved to New Orleans (which was literally days before my move) my mother gave me a copy of the movie. I tried to watch it a couple years ago but found it too overwhelming even now. I have no idea what happens at the end, though I suspect that Snoopy must come home.

3 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger YankeeNexile said...

Well what the hell happened to WoodStock? Was he ground up and used to as filler for the doggy treats, allowing Snoopy to skim off the top when he sold the Doggy Treats? Was treat pushing a side line masterminded by Schroeder to make up for his failing music career? Or was PigPen the Pusher? Was that cloud of dust to confuse the cops or just a self-defense, similar to insane and neurotic comments that prevent any true intimacy or friendship.

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be grateful. At least you lived long enough to be able to watch TV....

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he comes home. the end. miss you and your oh-so-sensitive ways...see you soon!
em

 

Post a Comment

<< Home