Friday, March 18

Just When You Thought....

Just when you thought you had seen it all.....

I took the pups to the dog park today, encountering Jeff along the way. Both Dash and Chase had been full of energy all day and needed a good run. They were having a good time at the park but they wore out quickly so we decided to leave. Then we saw something that neither one of us could believe. Now I'm sure that everyone has heard of dogs that "tree" other animals, trapping them in the tree. Today I saw a dog that could climb trees. Yes, climb trees. At first I thougth it was an oddity of circumstance. The tree I saw it climbing was at a 45 degree angle, either a mishap of time or the slow decline of roots that had given up from years of pooches using it as a pee spot. Nonetheless, there was the dog, about 8 feet up in the tree. The dogs owner told me that he had learned to do it by chasing squirrels and he had been surprised too the first time he saw the dog run up a tree. To prove the point he had the dog climb two other trees, neither of whom was leaning. They did have branches low enough on their trunk that the dog was able to get a hold and pull himself up higher. In a city where nothing ever phases you, I was dumbstruck by the squirrel chasing, tree climbing dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home