Thursday, February 3

Mardi Gras Post #1

Greetings Kiddies!

I just wanted to let you all know a couple things as we head into the Mardi Gras Weekend. First you can all find me at my usual spot downstairs at the pub all weekend, beginning tonight, Thursday, and continuing through Fat Tuesday. I actually have Ash Wednesday off so if anyone wants to go to Mass let me know. You'll have to explain the whole stand up, kneel down thing, but I catch on pretty quick most of the time.

Secondly, the pub has made a change this year in one policy. Instead of charging people at the mezzanine to get upstairs to the parade, they are going to charge people at the front door (where the cover usually goes up) every night of Mardi Gras. Yes, every night. From what I am told that cover will be $10 dollars a night, but I'm sure it will probably go higher at certain times or certain days. I'm sure that one of the reasons for this is to encourage people to buy the weekend passes, which I do now suggest you do. I didn't encourage it before if you were not planning to go upstairs, but since it's for the whole bar now, I do suggest you buy them. They are currently $ 50 bucks and are available either at the Hit Parade (the store across the street from the pub) or online:

https://secure.hitparadeonline.com/clubpasses/mardigras_purchase_form.htmhttps://secure.hitparadeonline.com/clubpasses/mardigras_purchase_form.htm

Third, and perhaps most important, the police are going to be out in full force this year emphasizing old and new rules. One of those is that you cannot have any kind of glass OR metal on the streets now. If you are drinking canned beer, even if you are only going down the street to another bar or right outside the door of the pub, please put your drink in a plastic cup. We have had instances of people being arrested on St. Ann Street for simply carrying canned beer. They will be watching for nudity and "lewd behavior" as well, so if you can't keep it zipped up, keep it semi-private.

Despite all these changes and warning, I am looking forward to the holiday and to seeing all of you out and about. If I don't see you, have a safe and Happy Mardi Gras. If I see you but don't remember, then I'm probably having a good Mardi Gras. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home