Friday, December 24

Bah Hum -Bug-

Sunday night I had a little tickle in my throat. I took some extra vitamin C and didn't think about it that much, I'd had a sore throat on and off for a week. Tuesday I worked at the pub and started coughing a little bit. Wednesday I worked at Williams Sonoma and was coughing the entire time, hacking even. I went home and tried to sleep but couldn't sleep for all the coughing and the pain in my throat. Thursday morning I had enough. I couldn't get into the doctor so I went to the ER. After X-rays and tests they determined I have viral and bacterial bronchitis. When I left the hospital it took me forever to get to the drugstore and get my prescription filled. Some English woman in front of me was taking forever. I'm not the nicest person when sick and eventually I just started coughing on her to get her to move. I came home to find I had no electricity, and thus no heat. I called Entergy and they gave me the run around but assured me it would be back on by 3:30. At five I called them back when I still didn't have power. The maintenance man came around just then and fixed the problem, I thought. The lights came on but no heat. No heat. Bronchitis and no heat. I'm screwed. The maintenance people came back and finally fixed the problem so I had heat again by 7 pm. Until an hour ago when the heat went out again. I spent a restless night sweating out fever and coughing and hacking. The upshot is that my abs probably look good and I've no doubt sweat out at least five pounds.

For those that celebrate Christmas, have an enjoyable one and a safe and happy New Year.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sugar, get feeling better and stay warm with no sweats! Or English women.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home