Wednesday, November 3

Seriously

This is so sad. I cannot understand why this country would re-elect George Bush. Thank god the Kerry campaign learned from the mistakes of the Gore people and decided not to just back down and take it like a little bitch from the republicans. Maybe we are all fooling ourselves that Clevelands democrats can put Kerry over the edge, but I would much rather fool myself right now than think that it's all over. It's a difference of 102,000 votes right now but there are TONS of votes that haven't been counted yet.

Ron Reagan Jr. Has been a commentator on MSNBC all night. He's been right on with several issues ranging from his criticism of the Iraq war to stem cell research. He managed to do it again tonight. I can't believe it took until the night of the election but finally I heard someone say the correct thing about gay marriage.

It's not about religion.
It's not about religion.
It's not about religion.
Should I say that one more time? In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, I have to hand the power of suggestion and crazed fanaticism to the republican party. America has been convinced and manipulated with many stories by both political parties. Since the end of the cold war we've seen many attempts to pick a new "Big Bad Wolf." Gays seem to fill that void quite well. Now we want to get married! Oh My God! Middle America, clutching their kids hands in Wal-Mart to keep us dirty faggots from kidnapping them and selling them into the extremely lucrative world of white slavery, have been convinced that gay people, given this right, will be kicking down the doors at the local Pentecostal church clad in white leather dresses with veils screeching "I DO! I DO!" Seriously. Pardon my run on sentences but it's hard to type out your fury and anger without dropping a little punctuation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home