Tuesday, November 2

A Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

I'm nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof right now. Election night and I am at home, too nervous to even leave the house or answer my phone. Jeff is still at work and the puppies are asleep while I switch network to cable channels frantically. I'm sticking mostly with MSNBC even though I really don't like Chris Mathews. People in Ohio are still standing in line to vote and a federal judge has now forced pollsters to issue paper ballots. The panhandle nor Dade county (read: Miami) have turned in their votes but Kerry is 200,000 behind. Kerry should take Pennsylvania but Ohio is a mystery right now. If I were a religious person I would be on my knees right now (and the first one of you bitches that makes a nasty crack about that comment will die a slow painful death.) The only bright spots is the incredible voter turn-out everywhere. I don't care who they vote for as long as they vote. How anyone could vote for Bush is beyond me, seriously, how could anyone be falling for the scare tactic campaign.

Did it dawn on anyone that all these bans on gay marriage across the country were ploys to get out the frantic christian vote?

I'm going back to my potato chips and my nerves, right after I look up the map of Belize to see which part of the country my friends house is in since I'll be forced to move there if the red states win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home