Thursday, December 30

Just Another Day?

Today has been a trying day. Not for any reason in particular, it's just one of those days when I feel like I would rather shoot myself than go on. I say that, somewhat in jest, as I survey the damage of the world happening all around me. Watching the news the last several days I have been mortified to watch the death toll of the Asian tsunami go over 100,000 people with estimates that it my go as high as 400,000. It's unbelievable, mind numbing and extremely depressing to see the devastation. On top of that, today was the funeral (which I didn't attend) of the husband of a co-worker at Williams Sonoma. Spending decades with someone only to have them simply not wake up one morning, how do you recover from that? I suppose that you put your emotions into all the good times that those decades held.

I spoke to my sister and my father has been released from the hospital after only five days. He is having trouble with his speech but otherwise seems to be recovering nicely. I am taking a trip up to Indiana to see him and the rest of my family in a week or so, though that trip has generated more stress, details later...I don't feel like typing all that right now.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home