Monday, February 6

Screw Emeril...Bam that you piece of shit!

I recently learned of an interview in the New York Post that appeared in the gossip column. Famous chef Emeril Lagasse sounded off and basically blasted the city. Read the whole article here. This is a great article by Chris Rose, whose articles were a god send to those of us who were evacuated. His writing is right on to the pulse of the city and the feelings so many of us have about the current situation. Emeril, however, has possibly even topped the Mayor in his ability to say incredibly stupid things. Here are his comments:


"Nothing. The mayor's a clunk. The governor is also a clunk. They don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. All my three restaurants got hit. I've reopened Emeril's, but only a few locals come. There's no tourists. No visitors. No spenders. No money. No future. No people. It's lost. It'll never come back."

Emeril, who has made his fortune off the city of New Orleans. Emeril who has opened "New Orleans style" restaurants in Orlando and Las Vegas. Emeril, who is not a native. Emeril who laid off all his employees during the evacuation instead of doing what many employers did, continue to pay their employees, at least partially until they were able to re-open which they did as quickly as possible. I am not sure of the damage his restaurants received, but none of them were in particularly affected areas.

Everyone is doing what they can to get through this situation. Emeril has since said that he was stressed when he made these comments. Nice backtrack. In the Chris Rose article he does print the statement released by the Emeril Empire.

I say this; Screw Emeril. If you are living in or visiting New Orleans, let Emeril know that his comments were prophetic; let his resaurants go, let him leave. Let him take his Bam! (which gossip says has more to do with his cocaine habit than his cooking style) and go back to Massachusetts. Boycott Emeril. I unfortunately have some shrimp in my freezer that I bought a few weeks ago and I am debating throwing it out but hell I already paid for it, he already got my money. It was the last of my money he will ever receive. I know people make mistakes but to put it simply, if you're not part of the solution then you are the problem. I don't fault him for sounding off about the Mayor or the Governor. There is enough blame to go around for what's happened to our beautiful city. Where he went wrong is to proclaim that it's over, that it's done and that it will never come back. Screw him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home