Friday, April 1

Sort of a loss.....

I'm sort of at a loss for words today. I wanted to write in a humorous way about the impending death of the Pope. Last night at work we had a pool among us, each picking a time when we thought the announcement would come. Today when I woke up I turned the TV on and it's been on ever since. Now please don't get me wrong, I can and probably will over the next few days extol all the reasons why the Pope and Papacy in general are nothing but evil. At the moment though, there is a slight hesitation in my voice (and the Popes too, hey I got one in!) as I watch the end of this long reign. At this writing the Vatican has fallen silent, indicating that the Pope has lost consciousness and that doctors have announced, "there is no hope..."

More later, much more I'm sure...I'll probably still be ranting until the smoke rolls....

2 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I empathize with your reluctance to moch such an endeared figure head in our community.

Right now i have an agry roommate because i was laughing at the idea that this man is so close to god. He does nothing but churn and burn his rantings into reasons for people to hate others, and to consider themselves better.

I am going to be pope one day soon.

Scottie

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know where I can get a t-shirt of Terri Schiavo welcoming the Pope into heaven?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home