Wednesday, November 16

Shut her down Mabel...She's sucking mud

I'm ready to go home now. Really. See, this morning when I awoke from yet another restless night of not sleeping (my body isn't used to not being booze soaked and/or going to bed at 11 pm as I did last night, yes 11 pm) and clamored out of bed I felt cold. Really really cold. There was good reason for that, the temperature was a scant 30 something. I was up early but that was good since I had to run an errand for my mother and an errand for myself this morning. I showered and dressed quickly (lest something very important freeze) but not before slathering yet another round of moisturizer over my dried out skin. Who thought I would miss humidity?

My mother had phoned me yesterday and asked me to go to the box office of the Murat Temple today to buy tickets for her and her friends to see the traveling Broadway show "Miss Saigon." She asked me if I wanted to go but I declined, sighting my fear of falling helicopters. I have been to this place for other shows. Once I was horrifically witness to Ralph Machio in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying." Having been here before I thought I knew where the box office was located. I was wrong. Keeping the aforementioned 30 something temperature in mind I parked as close as possible. Walking up to the doors I was assaulted by SNOW! It was snowing harmless little flurries but dammit it was still snow. Bundled in my big black coat I raced for the building to escape the cold but found the door locked because I was on the wrong side of the building. Thinking I could simply walk down to the next entrance I pulled my coat over my freezing face and headed onward. By the time I realized that I was going to have to walk all the way around the building I was closer to the real door than my car so I pressed on and finally made it into the entrance. There were already three people in line, the front of the line being held up by a woman with a child in a cheap plastic stroller. She was wearing gray sweatpants and a nascar jacket. Given that the next two big shows were Mudvane and Larry the Cable Guy, I felt safe in my assumption of which show she would be attending. I wasn't wrong this time. This kid was wearing only a thin little jacket and I was surprised when she even put the kids hood up before pushing out into the cold. .

My tickets bought I ran back to my car (as quickly as one can run in a knee length black coat) and hurried on to the restaurant. My assessment of the cold was proven correct when the mailman Chris came in and even he had abandoned his shorts for long pants.

Other than the cold there is nothing new to report. The highlight of my week thus far has been to realize that Neil Patrick Harris is once again on television in a show called "How I Met Your Mother." I love my little doogie.

December 9th is going to be a great day. Stephen Lynch in Bloomington. YES!

I leave for a brief vacation the Sunday after Thanksgiving to Las Vegas and then a couple of days in Houston to visit Paulie and Jon. (personal note to David Jack, e-mail me your phone number at law1971@aol.com so I can call you and we can meet up while I am in town.)

Hope all is well with all of my faithful readers....

7 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Lucy's loyal sidekick said...

Say hi to Jon's ex-bf for me.

He owns Houston, you know.

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, it sounds pretty cold there. In sunny New Orleans, it is now 47 degrees. Brrr! I'm going to have to really bundle up! ~Jeff

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger P@rick said...

Oh now Jefferson...

How could you say that?

Didn't I keep you warm enough Monday night?

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah woah WHHATTTT????? when are you going to be in houston?!?! WHEN?!!? give me dates!!!
-Collin

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger YankeeNexile said...

Collin darling, I am going to be in Houston from Wednesday the 30th until Saturday the 3rd. Will you be home on Thanksgiving break?

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, i'm gonna be there from the 22 to the 27, shucks. looks like we are going to just miss each other.

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lawrence, darling, i cannot WAIT to see you. i will e-mail you my phone number POST HASTE!

YAY! {doing cheerleader kicks}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home