Thursday, October 27

ghosts of southern comforts past

There are ghosts here, ghosts of previous drunken nights. Like the night I got into a near fistfight with KC, a useless drunk here in Indy, because he had insulted my best friend Scott. Ghosts of people to whom I was friendly or even nice before I moved to NO and learned the lesson once and for all that the road to hell IS paved with good intentions. Being nice to somebody today is fending off their advances tomorrow, or if not their advances then their unwanted friendship. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of nice people in Indy but lecherous seems to be a common trait. The moment I walked into the bar I heard someone exclaim "oh the night is turning better" and I saw the man who said it and disagreed with him. When I went to the bathroom (to pee) a few moments later I knew I would have company and I was not disappointed in my assessment of the situation.

I met another guy tonight who was nice and asked for my number. I wrote it down for some reason while explaining that I didn't want or need a boyfriend and then slipped the incriminating slip of paper off the bar and put it in my pocket a moment later.

Dodging bullets is my specialty.

10 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger Lucy's loyal sidekick said...

That's what they say when I saunter into the room.

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only reason I followed you to the bathroom that night was to see if you were wearing your Spongebob boxers. I can't help it if you think everyone is hitting on you.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger YankeeNexile said...

Boxers? Boxers? What am I, a frat boy?

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know you've been in more than one frat (boy)

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Lucy's loyal sidekick said...

Is there something wrong with frat boys?

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger YankeeNexile said...

There is nothing wrong with frat boys but they seem to always wear boxers. I don't understand boxers, I don't see the point in wearing them. If it's simply a layer of fabric between your cock and zipper then somebody along the way should have shown you how to zip your pants without zipping up your cock...give me a nice pair of CK boxer briefs and I'm happy.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Lucy's loyal sidekick said...

i love frat boys and i love boxers and i love frat boys in boxers and i love frat boys with their boxers off even more.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mattie as a frat boy just seems ... interesting.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Lucy's loyal sidekick said...

frat "president," get it right, soviet.

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While insulting Scott is no reason to get into a fist fight, you do know that killing KC would be a form a community service. Better yet, talk him into what a great investment houseing is in NOLA. Hmmmm....
John, in Indy, avoiding KC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home