Friday, August 26

I need a shower, actually I need a silkwood shower.

I have just returned from the movie theater where I saw the film "The Aristocrats." For those that have not heard of it let me give you the basics. It's about a joke. A joke that has been around since the days of vaudeville but never told on stage, and for good reason. The premise of the joke is always the same; A guy walks into a talent agency and says "Have I got an act for you...It's a family act..." And here's where things go awry. The middle part of the joke is whatever the teller can come up with, as long as it's filthy and obscene. Various versions include vomit, shit, piss, beastiality, incest, foreskins, fisting, whatever you can come up with to make the joke vile. So Penn and Teller decided to make a documentary ABOUT the joke. They gathered dozens of comics who talked about the joke, told the joke, told other jokes and all for the camera. I won't give away the jokes, partially because I was laughing so hard I can't possibly remember all of them, but suffice to say that it is hysterical. After you've seen it you may agree with my favorites, Carrie Fisher, Gilbert Gottried, Bob Saget (yes, who is filthy), Sarah Silverman and of course, the mime. For those of you in the New Orleans area, the film is playing at Canal Place Cinema at 12, 2, 4, 6 and 8. I'm going to take a shower now to wash off a layer of degradation. Go, rush, see the movie...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home