Saturday, August 27

I hate hurricanes...I'm more of a whiskey man myself

"I'm walking on Sunshine...whoa...I'm walking on Sunshine...whoa" Oh wait, that was Katrina and the Waves. Damn.

So instead of sitting here typing about this I should be cleaning up and getting ready for the hurricane. I just spent the last 45 minutes cleaning out the long brick drain in the side of my house in case we get torrential amounts of rain.

As of right now we have made no decision as to what we are going to do about evacuating. A friend in Baton Rouge has offered a place to stay as well as Jeff's parents in Jackson and his sister in Mobile. We will decide by noon tomorrow what action to take.

It seems that New Orleans has run out of luck, we missed Ivan and Charlie and the rest but this one looks pretty ominous...

For the moment I'm going to get the house ready to evacuate and then go have a drink.

Wish Me Luck!

P.S. to Mattie...if the city is still standing we'll still have decadence!

Oh...P.P.S I have a great story to tell you all about a fantastic trannie fight I witnessed on the street last night, but that story will have to wait.

3 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lawrence if you get this anytime soon, let us know you are okay. I guess we do not have a job to go back to for a while, and if you ever need a place to stay, come down to Miami, I would love to put you up. I will miss you, and everyone in NOLA, hell I will miss NOLA, seemingly for a long time. I just made it out in the nick of time. The airport closed soon after my random flight to LA took off.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Lucy's loyal sidekick said...

I texted with Law this morn. His phone is still out, as is my, but texting seems to work sometimes.

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, creepy. i was just visitor "666" to lawrence's blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home