Thursday, December 8

I'm not kidding...



Or as Uncle Tom Nagin would put it "This is not a test people."

It's snowing.

A lot.

This is my backyard at 4:30 pm, about two hours after the snow began to fall.


Can you see the ruler mark? 4 inches of snow. In two hours.

Here's a quiz: Frosty the snowman was a jolly happy soul. Know why?

He didn't drive a rear wheel drive car.

In all seriousness, I haven't seen a snowfall like this since 1999, a full year before I moved to New Orleans. It's kind of pleasant once you get past the shock of how much snow is coming down and how much it sucks to try to drive around. The nice thing about days like today are things like making snowmen (which I tried but was soon too cold and wet) or building a fire. Many moons ago I lived in an apartment with a fireplace here in Indy. It was a particularly harsh winter and my boyfriend and I dragged our whole mattress into the living room and slept in front of the fireplace. Now I could do without the memory of that particular ex, but otherwise it's a very happy memory.

I was shocked when it first started today but fuck it.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

3 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LET IT SNOW!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger P@rick said...

and snow and snow and snow...

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured you would be happy to see snow, since its been about 4 months.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home