Sunday, September 10

Confusion

My last post about flip flips in bars and the photo of the sign barring them was a bit mis-leading. If I had done what a good journalist had done and given a photo credit, this wouldn't have happened. This photo was a picture that was sent to me by Mattie and was taken of a bar in San diego. I have not convinced the pub to ban flip flips on any level. In fact, just the opposite. This sickens me, but I am going to tell you good people. Two of our bartenders actually wear flip flops while bartending. I know. I know. Gross, huh. Well hey, as long as they don't touch me with their blackened feet I will be okay. I ran into another friend over decadence who told me that he had been out all day wearing flip flops but then was going to go out to dinner. Being of somewhat sound mind he knew he couldn't wear them to a restaurant. Not having time for a shower he simply put socks on over his DIRTY DIRTY feet. He told me "Yeah, I knew it was nasty but I didn't have a choice." I hope he just threw those socks away...

3 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger Lucy's loyal sidekick said...

No flip-flops allowed, but for some reason, dozens of lesbians gyrating in foam is perfectly acceptable at this particular bar... (I took the picture on the way INTO the "club", not out, because as you know, I'm now banned from Numbers. No Bad Kitty lesbian nights for me, indeed.)

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Scott Nolan said...

Here's the thing. When going barefeet, you stand the chance of catching Hookworm and Ringworm, especially in places where pets frequent, but these days that's just about anywhere.

You stand the risk of glass, metal, or other foreign objects piercing the skin, as well as dirt, grime, mucus, funguses of all kinds, and even cigarette butts.

Plus, it's a huge liability. Under LA law, that bartender could hurt his foot, and sue the pub for workman's compensation, and most likely win, because the Pub didn't take proper precautions about attire and footwear. As for patrons, the lawsuit would be dismissed. Their is also NO LAW, or Municipal cose that I could find anywhere about going Barefooted. It would have to be a business-by-business choice.

If you want to know all the particulars on the legal issues surround BARE FOOTED NESS (if that's a word) go to http://www.barefooters.org/key-works/case_for/2.discrimination.html

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Scott Nolan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home