Thursday, July 29

Why you might ask...

Why you might ask am I sitting here in the lesbian box office (also known as French quarter postal emporium) typing this entry to you?  Why?  Why?  Well let me tell you.  As you might have noted from a previous entry, my cable modem was struck by lightning a few weeks back and I had to replace it.  Then my ethernet card went out, so that was replaced (lovingly by the effervescent DJ Rev).  Still, no internet.  So after three lovely calls to Cox Communications, our local cable provider, I am scheduled to have a tech visit next TUESDAY.  Yes, this is Thursday and yes that will be a week I am without internet service.  Does anyone else remember that the man who once owned Cox Communications is now the Mayor of New Orleans?  No wonder the city is in the shitter. 

Anyway, let's move on, shall we. 

First I want to send out some birthday greetings, to John F.  in Indy, and John might I say how nice it was to see you on my recent visit...and to my big sister Julie, who turned (muffled sound) this week.  Today, the 29th, is Jeffersons birthday and he inches a year closer to 30.  Last Sunday was beautiful Justin C's birthday who is,  at last,  21.  Also on the birthday list my friend Mike F. in Chicago and coming up on the 3rd of August, Raymond T. in Indy.  Also on the third is Connie from Oxford, MS who will be in town this weekend, so say hello and wish her a happy birthday.  God I feel like that fat guy from the today show.....The most important birthday though is coming up this Monday....MY BIRTHDAY!  yes that's right, I will be turning (muffled sound), an age I can't believe I have achieved without at least one bullet or knife wound. 

My birthday will be spent at the Bourbon Pub.  This Monday is our annual "Oh What a Drag" turnabout show.  At this writing I am unsure of my role in the show, I may just be doing a number or I may be doing partial MC duties depending on wether or not the usual MC is available.  This will require me to remain somewhat sober which will be a miracle since we all show up at 3 and the show isn't until 9.  I promise to do my best and hopefully not to fall and bust my ass.  Per usual I am not prepared yet and the show is but days away so I will be spending tomorrow shopping at big girl stores for shoes and putting together outfits from borrowed dresses and wigs.  Perhaps I will be a red head this year.  Those of you in the area should definitely come check out the show, it's always a hoot.  Jon R., Juanita, will be turning over her crown to a new "Queen of the Night" (I was crowned in 2001).  who will be the new drunk bitch of the night this year. 

My time is winding down here at ye old postal shop so I must go...Ciao for now.


3 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that would be your 33 birthday... and http://us.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/0138-dia/Events/0138-dia/adjaniis.abe?path=pgallery&path_key=Adjani,%20Isabelle

this photo of you is hot...i hope, when i get back there, your hanging out with sharon stone..

I understand now why everyone hates turnabouts..i have to go watch the hideous show now.

Glitter nail polish...............
Looks like town to me

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh...birthdays... A time of celebration, reflection and general merrymaking. Please remember that while you bask in the sunshine of August 2nd that there are two little girls who lay in the cold earth that will never again know the joy of a sugary cake or the warm glow of birthday candle.......

R.I.P. Ping twins

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home