Monday, February 13

You Do Learn Something New Every Day...

Residing in the "new" New Orleans is an adventure. I am learning all sorts of new things about different cultures. From what I have gathered if one wants to order a drink in a bar in Honduras you simply walk up to within a few feet of the bar and scream out whatever you want. Good to know.

Working as a bartender I have to know how to make a lot of different drinks. Every once in a while I will hear a new one. The other night a gentlemen ordered a Tanjury with a little orange. Although I asked him five times to repeat the order I still wasn't understanding what he wanted. He was about to leave in frustration when I suddenly realized what he wanted and said "Hey, wait, are you trying to say Tanqueray?" Which was, of course, what he wanted. I wanted to suggest that like the rest of his brethren he simply order a gin and juice. There's no need to go digging through your pockets for the extra quarters to make up the difference in price between well and call liquor if you can't even pronounce them.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger wetpaint1971 said...

That almost beat the time someone ordered what I thought to be "genital juice" and I was like 'don't be a smartass, what do you want?' "I said I wanted "genital juice" and his girlfriend offered "He say he wants Tankaray and juice" and I was like 'OK..any particular juice we have all colors?' in which she replied 'You know the orange stuff'. The orange stuff...OK genital juice and orange stuff it is...........

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Lucy's loyal sidekick said...

"if one wants to order a drink in a bar in Honduras you simply walk up to within a few feet of the bar and scream out whatever you want."

Who knew I was Honduran?

Hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home