Thursday, August 5

In Review

The last few days have been very tiring. Monday was the Bourbon Pub's 12th annual "Oh What a Drag" show. I did some of the daytime hosting and then I performed later. Spending 12 hours in drag is way too long. If I do say so myself I looked great this year. The ever wonderful Raquel Chevalier did my make-up and hair. My friend Joel loaned me several dresses and gowns to wear and I was able to find a pair of fantastic 7 inch platform heels to wear. I can't wait to see the tape to see if I was tottering or dancing in them.

Duran, one of the pub security guards and a Thursday night "chicken nugget" (which basically are boys who look so young they aren't even chicken yet, they are just nuggets...of course this is aided by their Superman and Hulk Underoos that they wear...do you know how small of a waist you have to have to wear underoos? A 27 inch waist. Don't ask how I know,) Duran was named "Queen of the Night". I was unable to see his show as I was upstairs being touched up but if the crowds screams were any indication, then he was about to take the roof off the place. I think my number (Kristin Chenoweths cover of "If you hadn't but you did" from her recent solo release) went over well and I had a good time. After the show we all went to Oz to bust in on Bianca's Comedy/Variety show and then off for a little bar tour, what pretty ladies we had to be by that time of the morning.

I spent Tuesday (after I woke up) waiting patiently for Cox Cable to show up and replace the cable that was preventing me from being online. Cox credited our account 9 bucks which is precisely the same amount that I spent for the one time that I was able to make it to the lesbian box office and rent some time on their computer. That accomplished I was able to nap on and off throughout the night. Jeff is done with the endless rehearsals for NORD's show and finally has some time at home. I was wiped out though and I'm sure not much company.

Today Jeff woke me up early to tell me that he had to rush and didn't have time to feed the puppies. He had to hurry down the street to WWL's TV station where he was playing the piano for his cast of "Annie Get Your Gun" to sing on the morning news. If you have a chance to catch the show this weekend (Thursday and Friday nights and then Saturday and Sunday matinee) at Gallier hall, you should go. There are several very talented kids including the title role of Annie Oakley. The girl who plays her, the name escapes me, is Fan-Tas-Tic. In between the dogs feeding and walking and my trying to get back to sleep, I managed to catch Jeff and cast on the morning re-broadcast. I meant to ask Jeff how his time with weatherman David Bernard went this morning since David has a huge crush on him. Seriously. Every time I see David the first thing (sometimes even before hello) is "How is Jeff, where is he tonight, what's he doing?"

I was relaxing this afternoon, gearing up for a trip to the grocery store when I suddenly realized that I needed to write an e-mail to my friend Raymond Terry in Indianapolis to commerate his birthday (I know, the damned computer age). I went to the computer and there read the e-mail from another friend in Indy that Raymond had passed away on Sunday. He was only 32 years old. They said he had a heart attack, but I don't know any other details. I met Raymond when I was 18 or so, when we were both attending the gay youth group in Indy. We were really great friends for a long while and I had just seen him while in Indy over the fourth of July. I played darts with him at OP's with Dannon, I asked him when he was going to visit me and he said he had time in the fall. It's very sad and I wish I were there to attend the services. I called my mom (I guess I am a mammas boy) and cried on the phone to her and then made a few phone calls to other friends who may or may not have known.

I went to the store later after that, came home, made salmon with veggies for Jeff and I and now am off to lie in bed and think about my life. Goodnight to all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home