Friday, May 13

Living Below Sea Level

I know that I live below sea level here in New Orleans and that has a definate affect on our culture...but some of the kids have gone too far now and I think it's time to (no pun intended) reel them in and put them on ice. I'm talking about dorsal fins, this new hair style where the hair is slicked up severely until it makes you look like a dolphin on land. Now this is merely a more severe version of the "Faux Hawk" look from last season...which finally wore me down to acceptance...for those that don't remember the faux hawk, it was a hairstyle that didn't require shaving the hair, merely pushing it up to a pretty non-commital point in the middle like a mohawk might have been. This new dorsal fin thing is serious, seriously insane. I am not sure how much Paul Mitchell texture cream is needed to do this but I assume it's a large amount. If I ever find myself lost in the ocean and in need of a gentle creature to guide me back to shore like has been done for thousands of years by our friend the dolphin, I might appreciate this hairstyle.

9 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Lucy's loyal sidekick said...

I like dorsal fins in general, but I hate the most prominant Dorsal Fin™

I do, however, find his (ex?) boyfriend cute-n-trashy.

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an out of towner, I expected more postings describing highlights from the MJP visit....at a minimum I would have expected that the Pub ran out of its white napkins supply...

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Lucy's loyal sidekick said...

Sadly, they didn't play "love is in the air" (napkins flying everywhere), and my note-writing skills were kept to a minimum because it's hard to write when you've got a beer/cocktail in one hand and a cigarette in the other...

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger YankeeNexile said...

The (ex) boyfriend is cute and trashy, not to mention microscopic below the belt...

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Lucy's loyal sidekick said...

I'd still hit it. I'm not really a size queen... I mean, come on, you know my past record of tricks...

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lawrence, I don't suppose that there might be some extra Bud Light that you could put aside for us Memorial Day weekend?

 
At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh butch, butch, butch

I miss raymond too.

robbie

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought we were finally done with the faux hawk, but now it's morphed into this abomination. the sad part is that they wear it with such attitude, regardless of how many real dolphins died from the chemical residues washing into the drains when they rinse that crap out.

btw, in reference to the recipe, he doesn't prep chicken, just dates it. . .

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I read this, and I was thinking, "how the hell does one make a dorsal fin out of hair?" And then we were at brunch today and lo, and behold, there was a server with "the fin" making dolphin noises and serving tuna to a table of lesbians. Go figure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home