Thursday, May 26

Re: My Birthday Gift List

Okay, so I got two nasty little comments about the fact that I have an Amazon.Com wish list. First, didn't you ever write down what you wanted for Christmas as a child? Didn't you ever believe in Santa Claus or has your life been an exercise in blandness...no magic, no hope, just the cold hard facts. When my parents told me there was no Santa Claus I cried and made them promise that the Easter Bunny was real. If you can imagine I was an emotional child and I'm sure it broke what existed of my parents twisted withered hearts to see their youngest child wailing in what was surely not the first time he realized his parents were complete liars. I maintained my pleas for the Easter bunny despite my grandfathers yearly claim that he had killed the Easter Bunny and we were having rabbit soup for Sunday dinner.

Anyway, back to my gift list. I made that list, partially for myself, and I do keep up with it, deleting things I have purchased through Amazon or elsewhere. I used that list (though I had to print it since she couldn't figure out how to look at it online) for my mother last year for Christmas and received several items I had listed. In fact since this criticism I have added several items to the list, so there!

As for the other criticism, that there are "shitty" movies on that list, well what can I say... My taste in film is probably odd, from stupid but funny films (like "Dude, where's my car, which incidentally stars the sometimes shirtless Ashton Kucher) to films that are not well known (Like Edie and Pen) but star actors whose performances I enjoy....or they are just hot and I like to see them..Hoping they will show some flesh....Take for example two of my choices "Jumping Ship" and "Cheats." Both films star Matthew Lawrence, yes the younger brother of Joey Lawrence, but this kid is hot....Okay, is everyone satisfied...? Huh? Huh? Hmmmppphhh.

3 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Lucy's loyal sidekick said...

Sorry, I just saw "Fools Rush In" and could scroll no more without comment. The rest are ok, I of course love Ashton Kutcher shirtless.

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you there was no Santa. And later, it was I who dashed all your hopes of ever seeing a rabbit hauling a gigantic basket of eggs. The alcoholism and the anxiety you can place on your parents but I am the one who crushed your childhood fantasies. Start giving credit where credit is due.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger YankeeNexile said...

My sister and I often differ on the memories of our childhood. More often than not, I am proven to be right. I stand by my claim that it was my parents who told me there was no Santa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home