Wednesday, May 3

A New Feature - Golden Gaffes

I have decided to add a new feature to my blog that I will call Golden Gaffes. Some of you may be unaware of my addiction to watching "The Golden Girls" on a daily basis. I own season 1-4 on DVD (note: season five will be released May 9th) but I still watch it daily. After all these years of watching the thing that gets me is how many gaffes are in the show. I realize that as these shows go on it's hard to do things like introduce new characters without some explanation or counting on the viewer to allow some artistic license. Some artistic license, not a continuous stream of unchecked facts and hapless editing.

I haven't decided if I am going to list several at a time or just catch them as they air and put them on then, but here's a couple to get started.

In the first episode Dorothy says she is from Queens, but for the rest of the show she is from Brooklyn.

In the episode where Blanches old nanny comes to visit she calls Blanche by her full name, Blanche Marie Hollingsworth (Her maiden name) but in every other episode her middle name is Elizabth and her married name is Deveraux, thus making her initials spell out the word BED.

1 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger Scott Nolan said...

What about the years Stan and Dorothy were married. In the episode where her daughter is getting married, he says "38 years happened" and then later on when she goes to pawn their wedding ring, she said she had been married for "over 25 years."

Nevermind the fact that ALL of their children were in their middle-to-late 20s, and they were all over 55. Especially being that Dorothy got pregnant out of high school.

Plus, in the bathroom renovention episode, their bathroom was huge. lol

It goes on and on, but I love those "girls" anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home