Friday, May 5

Update on a queen...

I wanted to update the fur track suit story. The boy came in again on Wednesday night. I will be able to tell when he's coming next time as the overwhelming stench of a very cheap and flowery perfume nearly knocked me down. He asked me if a certain boy still worked at the pub. This boy hasn't worked there in years but queenie was not deterred, he launched into a new tirade. Now remember his claims of being abused by his boyfriend? Something must be up because he had a black eye (Okay, I'm going to skip the obvious jokes about spotting a black eye on a black boy) but it didn't look that bad and there were scratches on his arms. He told me the boyfriend had "done gone crazy" and beaten him when he was high on crack. Then he went into what I am quickly beginning to recognize is his trademark fever pitch squeal as he informed me that the boy has been addicted to crack since he was 12 AND that it was his momma that got him started. He said "how you think she feels lookin' at her baby now, all addicted and everything."

Why do I think that he will be making several appearances in these pages?

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so much better . . . I've been out of the loop for a while and just spent my entire lunch hour getting caught up on life in New Orleans. We'd never have anyone up here in the sticks wearing a fur collared track suit. All those farm animals are used for other purposes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home