Monday, December 4

A day without the pub...or back and to the left, back and to the left.

Would be heaven sent. I have seriously been working so much it seems I haven't had a day off in weeks. Friday night I was off but of course I wanted to do something fun with friends so we went up-town for happy hour at Philips. This, of course, led to drinks at the pub which led to being out way too late.

This weekend I have a friend coming into town so I am taking Friday and Saturday off to hang out with him. I should have expected this, but now I am working the next four days, which means I am working six in a row; when my friend gets here I will be so sick of the pub that I will not want to go anywhere near the place. Oh yeah and my bowling league starts again tomorrow so I am about to go to bed (it being 6 am) and then plan to be up and head towards Kenner by 4:15 to beat traffic and get there by 6. I made arrangements to come into work late so as soon as bowling is done I have to head to work. I already know I will be the late bartender so I'm there until 5. Home, sleep, back up and back to work, home sleep, back up and back to work, home sleep, back up and back to work. I feel like I'm in the movie JFK.

Before I got to bed I just have to say something about a current popular song. It's this song "Irreplaceable" by Beyonce. Since I really can't understand her shrill screech I haven't been able to get the words down. What I get from it is a general "don't think you're so great that you forget that I'm great too" but I could totally be wrong. Anyway, she continuously says "to the left, to the left" which is some reference to everything being "in the box to the left." I have no idea what this means. Is this a reference to her being female, which is usually the box to the left on a survey. Other than that, I'm clueless. Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope.

3 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the "box to the left" she is referring to is one of her bandmates from Destiny's Child......

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe she's trying to direct Jay-Z to her G-spot.

"to the left, to the left!"

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that she is talking about where all the stuff he left at her apartment is. You know, in the closet, in the box to the left.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home