Friday, May 27

No Ed, this was no "Whoops..."

Years ago I worked at a restaurant with a girl named Laura Tardy. She was rather high strung and would occasionally snap, walk onto the expo line and announce "I am about to have a moment." Everyone would scatter as she then went on a rampage, often breaking plates, hurling whatever was handy. These became known simply as "tardy moments."

I'm fixin' to have a tardy moment.

The last few weeks of my life have been building to a point. That point is best described as the scene in "The Godfather" where Micheal Corleone says "Today I settle all family business." His henchmen then shoot and kill everyone who stands in their way or has betrayed them.

One day, very soon, I'm just going to have to settle all my business.

5 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Lucy's loyal sidekick said...

Ask Dr. John for some Ativan, Xanax or Valium. It might help.

heartz!
M@

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am emailing you a list. Please make sure that these people are affecting in any collateral damage.

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, a Tardy moment. I think I still have a couple of scars from Ms. Tardy. Let me know when it hits so I can head to table 83 in the Romper to hide. John F in Indy

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For years I had understood that an aging John F in Indy was actually the infamous Watergate whistleblower "Deep Throat." Mr. F's deep-grained, albeit misguided, Republican sentiments were the perfect cover for his skulduggery. At last I have been proven wrong and offer Mr. F my somewhat full apologies.

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me, Deep Throat?? I would never have betrayed my beloved Dick Nixon that way. Plus, I have a really bad gag reflex, which explains why I'm aging and alone.
John F

 

Post a Comment

<< Home