Friday, June 3

Another suitcase....

I am certain that this news will come as a shock to precious few of my readers, in fact I think there might have been a poll to predict this moment. Jake and I called it quits yesterday. It was his decision but one that both of us saw as inevitable, and better now than later when we were more emotionally invested. We didn't date very long but breaking up is always a blow to one's ego. So that is that, we parted amicably and will hopefully remain friends. Considering I live with my ex whom I dated for 3 years, I think I can be friends with a boy I dated for a month and a half. He was fun, nice and very cute, it felt good to be around him. I'll miss sleeping next to him and having someone look at me in that way again. It's been a while since anyone has looked at me with that look of attraction/sex/mushiness.

So given this fact, picture the scenario; Jake and I break up around 5, I have an hour or so to feel like total shit and then I have to get ready for work. Go to work, it's pretty dead but I like the DJ and some regulars I haven't seen lately come in, met a couple nice new people. I was even friendly to a dorsal fin named Seth that just moved here. Fast forward, 3 am or so, it's a ghost town in the bar and the DJ cues up the ABBA song "The Winner Takes it All." Granted Jake didn't leave me for somebody else, but you get the point. Picture me, at first looking up at the booth in horror. Then I lit a cigarette and did my best not to be a drama queen and cry.

0 Comments:

<< Home