Friday, May 26

Dear Faithful Readers...

Dear Faithful Readers...

I know it's been a while since my last post, and never fear, I shall return. At the moment I am in Indiana visiting family and friends. Tomorrow I take a side trip to southern Indiana to go on a ranch trip with my sister and the rest of the MacNivens crew. It should be fun, though a karaoke contest was mentioned and no good will come of that. It's inevitable that before the weekend is out my sister and I will have sung "Harper Valley P.T.A." and I will be forced to warble my way through the Green Acres theme song at least once. The trip should be fun though and then Monday I am going with my family to the horse races at Indiana Downs. I have a slight problem with this being the owner of two former racing greyhounds, but racing horses are treated very well all things considered, unless you count that whole putting them down if they break a leg.

Anyway, I will be back soon and will have many posts to write. We have topics to cover, including the very disappointing election, second line parades and the end of my baby Einstein moment not to mention the trip I am on right now which includes a near run in with a make-a-wish child.

In the meantime of my awaited posts, I encourage everyone to run out (or log on) and get yourself a copy of Augusten Burroughs new novel "Possible Side Effects".

The other new book on my bedside table is the new in paperback "Haunted" by Chuck Palahniuk. He is the author of Fight club and several other fantastic books that I have mentioned and/or raved about on this site. If you enjoyed the story line of fight club, then I suggest checking out his other books.

That's all for now, Ciao!

1 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for one am glad to see a new posting! I am a new viewer and look forward to reading what is going on upstairs with you. Have a great Memorial weekend and safe travels back to NOLA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home